Upcoming Postdoc Events
CURRENT CAREER DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
Responsible Conduct in Research - This course will help postdoctoral trainees become familiarized with the basic ethical issues confronting scientists in biomedical science research. The course includes reading, lectures, and movies combined with discussion sections. the course addresses ethical considerations for human and animal subjects, scientific integrity in data management, analysis, authorship, and publication. Additional course topics will include peer review, scientific fraud, conflict of interest, mentoring, intellectual property, collaborations (including industry) and the role of scientists in society. Click here for more info on the 2013 course.
Once again, we were proud to host one of the largest career symposiums in the country - WCUB 2013. Nearly 1000 postdocs and graduate students from across the tri-state area gathered at NYU Langone Medical Center to learn from and network with PhD and graduate degree holding professionals in a wide spectrum of careers. The two-day career symposium featured over 25 careers in business and industry panels and close to 100 experienced and enthusiastic panelists.
We wish to thank all the major sponsors of this event as well as our WCUB volunteers! Event feedback has been very positive and we are already working on ideas for future events.
A photo recap of WCUB 2013 can be found here
Our Postdoc Research Day was a great success - click here for highlights
UPCOMING POSTDOC SOCIALS
Postdoc Holiday Party - All postdocs are invited to join us as we celebrate the holidays with food, drinks and much more! | Event Details: Friday, Dec 13th, 2013, 6:30pm - Smilow MPR.
PREVIOUS CAREER DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
Fundamentals of Teaching Course - We are happy to announce a
new course open to postdocs and senior grad students! This is a full
semester course designed to help people become better teachers and to
help them land full time teaching positions. We will use a mixed format
of large group lectures and small group workshops to help you develop
practical skills while you accumulate knowledge needed to be a great
educator. This course is a non-credit official NYU course, BMSC-GA-4431,
so graduate students who have passed their qualifying exams may
register officially. This course began on September 6 and ended on November 15 2012.
"Like Me, Friend Me: Using Social Media to Build Your Network and Your Career." Do
you post on Facebook? Tweet on Twitter? Check updates on LinkedIn?
Whether you are a social media maven or neophyte, it is important to
understand how harness the power of social media to expand your current
network and to enhance your career prospects. Join Melanie V. Sinche,
FAS Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, Harvard University, as she presents
an informative workshop on how to use these tools to put your best foot
forward on the web and beyond!
Click here for a listing of our past and upcoming career events
News and Highlights
Our September NYU Post is here. It's packed with important information on our upcoming events and news updates. Don't forget to RSVP for Postdoc Appreciation Day!
- Introducing myIDP, a new Web-based career-planning tool created to help graduate students and postdocs in the sciences define and pursue their career goals. To learn more about myIDP and begin the career-planning process visit http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
- Our Program Director, Dr. Keith Micoli is interviewed by The Academic Executive Brief about the role(s) postdocs play in the lab and the direction they are heading. Read entire article here.
- Free Webinar! Topic - Career Path: "Making the Transition from Postdoc to Science Policy"
- Need business cards printed up before your next meeting? Click here for more info on the discounted pricing for NYU Postdocs.
- Photos from our Postdoc Camping Trip at North South Lake can be found here
- View our gallery of photos from some of our recent Postdoc events - including photos of the EPIC Sackler Summer Party and the 1st ever Sackler Lab Olympics!
- NYU Discounts and Perks. Did you know that as an NYU affiliated Postdoctoral researcher, you are eligible for discounts on business cards, gym memberships, event tickets, Zipcar rentals and much more? Click here to view some of the discounts and perks available to you as an employee of NYU.