- About Us
- Prospective Postdocs
- Current Postdoc Fellows
- New Postdoc Checklist
- Common Policy Questions
- Benefits – Health insurance, etc
- NYU Housing/NYU affiliated housing options
- Postdoc Newsletter
- Postdoctoral Mailing List Registration
- Postdoctoral Travel Grant
- Living in New York City Resources
- International Postdoc Resources
- Important Numbers/Contacts for Postdocs
- Postdoc Handbook
- News and Highlights
- Did You Know?
- Future Science Educators
- Available Postdoc Positions
- Faculty & Administrators
- Career Development
- Postdoctoral Council
We recognize the need for this crucial skill and have developed several formal and informal communication training activities to enhance this competency. NYU postdocs are encouraged to attend all of our research writing, teaching and publishing workshops hosted by the Postdoctoral Program Office.
- The Grant Writing Course for Scientists Series – is designed to introduce every aspect of grant writing, from abstract to submission. It also helps in selecting funding mechanisms, writing individual grant sections and understanding administrative policies. This course is primarily taught by experienced NYU faculty members, Sponsored Programs and IRB representatives. Outside speakers from the NIH and other organizations are also asked to participate. This course is a full semester class that is offered twice per year.
- Academic Writing Bootcamp – this three-part workshop covers the fundamentals of good writing and focuses on helping postdocs improve their ability to write compelling papers, grants and abstracts. Click here for the next writing workshop.
- Fundamentals of Teaching Course - this course is designed to help people become better teachers and to help them land full time teaching positions. The course used a mixed format of large group lectures and small group workshops to help you develop practical skills while you accumulate knowledge needed to be a great educator.