- Prospective Postdocs
- Current Postdoc Fellows
- Faculty & Administrators
- Career Development
- About Us
- Contact Us
Dealing with emotions at work in a professional way is a real challenge in science. We face failure and rejection daily, have to work with people who often have few social skills, and the pressure to produce is intense. We recognize the need for competency in professionalism at all levels, laboratory, laboratory group settings, institutional level, etc. and recently hosted the following workshop for our postdocs:
- The Business of Science for Scientist- focuses on how knowing business can be applied to science. Click here to view the slides. (Uploaded 1/3/2014).
- Developing High Performing Teams- these slides will help you and your post doc colleagues become an ultimate dream team by putting these slides into practice. Click here for the first part and second part of these slides. (Uploaded 1/3/2014).
- Managing Emotions at Work: Personal Leadership Workshop – focused on how to manage our emotions effectively, how to recognize situations where emotions may be getting the best of you, how to deal with them effectively, and how to be a better balanced and more professional and proactive scientist possible.
| Wednesday, May 9th, 2012, 4:30 -7:30pm, Smilow 13th Floor Conference Rm, NYU Langone Medical Center |
- "Put Your Science to Work" career seminar – Peter Fiske presented “Put Your Science To Work.” Young scientists in nearly every field are finding today’s job market a confusing and frustrating place. More new PhDs, postdocs and master’s degree holders are considering a wider range of careers in and out of science, but feel ill-prepared and uniformed about their options. Peter focused his talk on helping those wanting to transition from academia into industry and discussed how industry people view academics and what you can do to dispel their misconceptions and be more competitive for jobs. Peter Fiske, PhD is CEO of PAX Mixer, Inc. and the author of Put Your Science to Work: The Take Charge Career Guide for Scientists.
- | Monday, September 24th, 2012, 12:00 -2:00pm, Smilow Seminar Rm, NYU Langone Medical Center | Seminar booklet can be downloaded here