- About Us
- Prospective Postdocs
- Current Postdoc Fellows
- New Postdoc Checklist
- Common Policy Questions
- Benefits – Health insurance, etc
- NYU Housing/NYU affiliated housing options
- Postdoc Newsletter
- Postdoctoral Mailing List Registration
- Postdoctoral Travel Grant
- Living in New York City Resources
- International Postdoc Resources
- Important Numbers/Contacts for Postdocs
- Postdoc Handbook
- News and Highlights
- Did You Know?
- Future Science Educators
- Available Postdoc Positions
- Faculty & Administrators
- Career Development
- Postdoctoral Council
Postdoc Happy Hour
Start your weekend off the right way! Join us every Friday at 5:00pm in the Sackler Lounge for T.G.I.F. Happy Hour!!!! All Postdocs are welcome. These weekly Happy Hour events are organized by the Sackler Student Council.
On a bimonthly basis, the Postdoc Council organizes Postdoc Socials exclusively for postdocs at NYU and surrounding areas of NYU. These can be a good networking opportunity as well as a great way to relax at the end of a busy day, chat with colleagues about science, careers or anything else.
- What: Postdoc Kayaking - Our new Council Chair, Bernd Hewing has set up this great kayaking
tour on the Hudson River. We are working with Manhattan Kayak on this and
they will show you how to handle the kayak (these are sit on top models, and are really easy and safe), then we will get out on the river for
some practice and a tour! Space is limited to 20 people, and you can
bring one guest with you.
Where: Pier 66 (26th St and West Side Hwy)
When: May 5th, meet at Med Center at 9am, event starts at 10am
Cost: $20, advance payment needed to secure your spot
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Pdkayak
- What: Postdoc Horseback Riding - Council Member, Neide Vieira has arranged this exciting opportunity, which is horseback riding on Montauk Beach followed by wine tasting! This is being done with Discovery Outdoors, the same people who took us whitewater rafting last summer. We will meet up here at the med center and take a van out to Montauk, NY for a 1-2 hour ride on the beach, then sample some of the great local wine! This is an amazing trip, the ranch is the oldest in the United States, and Montauk is on the very eastern end of Long Island. The cost is pretty high for this one, but we are covering almost half the price so it’s still a great deal.Space is limited, we can probably only take either 14 people and there is a lot of interest so don’t wait! You can have until mid-April to pay, but we need payment in advance to hold your space.
Where: Deep Hollow Ranch, Montauk, NY
When: May 12th, meet at Med Center at 8:45am, return by 8pm
Cost: $100, space is very limited
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/postdocride
- NYC Postdc Soccer Tournament - May 19th, Roosevelth Island, NY (We will have at least one team, and hopefully two, and even if you aren’t a player you should try to come support us as we take on the best postdoc soccer players in the city! Details for signing up to play are coming soon, but if you want to play you can send me an email.
- NYU Postdoc Family International Picnic in Central Park - May 26th, Central Park, NY (We are working on the details of this trip, will keep you posted soon).
Coffee with Keith
Take a break, bring a friend and come join Keith at Coffee with Keith. Held every Friday at 10am, NYULMC Smilow Lobby or in the Courtyard if the weather is good.